Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Cast Members



My 31st birthday was yesterday...tough for me to believe in some ways but definitely a good thing. I still feel young at heart, but one of the many signs that I'm 31 (and not 21) is that Saturday morning I was up and at 'em, hitting garage sales and hunting for more vintage rental treasures!One of the things I wanted to do on my birthday was have my husband accompany me on my trip (he usually skips my pickin' and opts for golf) so we brewed a pot of coffee and hit the road. This weekend's hunt yielded a great retro blue chair that you can see to the right, as well as a wingback chair that won't be featured until it gets reupholstered or slipcovered. It's currently featuring a blue flamestitch type pattern. The pattern isn't quite old enough to be considered vintage or retro. Just outdated. I looked at it and decided I didn't want to go through the hassle of a makeover when the lady running the sale made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So...another project in the pipeline!My favorite piece, though, is an antique white iron baby bed from the 1800s. The patent date is 1807 I think, which doesn't necessarily mean the bed is that old, but I've researched similar ones and it seems to be from the 19th century. Clearly it doesn't meet today's safety standards for little bundles of joy, but won't it just look fabulous at a baby shower overflowing with gifts?!?!
                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment