Thursday, June 21, 2012

Farm Fresh from Tennessee



I'm going to share something my friends and family already know. There's not a better mom out there than mine. Now, I don't want to alienate any readers by saying that my mom is the best mom in the world, and in fairness and rationality I haven't met them all, but I can say with confidence there are none better...equal, sure, I'll give you that. :)

 My mom is also a fantastic aunt to her nieces and nephews and drove to Knoxville for my cousin's 21st birthday yesterday. All the way to Knoxville and back, she was stopping and picking for me! And Momma has a good eye. She's one of the reasons I love all things vintage, and she found a gorgeous old plow, scads of enamelware (I can just see the pieces brimming with flowers!), buckets, old gasoline and kerosene cans, a gigantic punch bowl the size of which I've never seen before and the crowning jewel...this super neat tiered dessert dish. It's made from a rolling pin and pie plates and it's begging to go to a rustic wedding or shower and hold truffles, cake pops or petit fours. It wants to sit on a farm table, maybe even holding napkins at a drink station with mason jars. I can't wait for someone to rent this little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment