Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Engaged



I realize I've brought up Engaged a few times without really talking about what it is. Y'all, it's a free wedding planning boutique. Free. You meet with a consultant who talks to you about the type of wedding you want, shows you portfolios of various vendors and invites you to free events the whole time you're engaged. There's a bouquet day where you get to check out flowers from and meet various Birmingham florists. There's a mini-makeover day...same concept, lots of make-up artists. Cake tasting day. And the list goes on. You can sign up for any of these events free of charge and get to meet a whole heap of vendors in one fabulous sitting. Sigh...my life from March 2010-May 2011 would have looked really different if I had found a resource like this in San Francisco. This would have saved me stress, mileage and more stress to have a one-stop shop.

Anyway, the point of this is that their most recent free event was a bridesmaid's luncheon for brides-to-be and their moms, maids of honor or whoever they wanted to bring as a guest. I asked if I could bring a selection of our vintage china, flatware, glassware and vases and they obliged. It was great to time myself on how quickly I could unpack and set a table with plates, glasses and utensils (hint: not fast). The flowers, linens and food were just perfect and Sandra from Bags and More in Hoover came to show the girls some great selections for party/shower dresses. Say Bre Photography took the gorgeous shots of our china, flatware and milk glass in this post. Bre Conley, who owns Say Bre, is friendly, laid-back, incredibly talented and just a pleasure to be around.

I feel so blessed to be partnering with Engaged. There could not be a better group of ladies to tell brides about everything Cameo Vintage Rentals can offer them. Looking forward to the next event!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment