Sunday, January 20, 2013

All Fun and Games



Before I begin, I have to say I didn't get to quite as many blog posts as I had hoped this week. I have about 8 posts started that will hopefully find their way to completion in the not-so-distant future! In the midst of the rain/snow we got in Alabama, I decided to build some shelves in my bathroom (with the husband's help) and the projects kept multiplying and escalating. Before I could mount the shelves, I had to go ahead and paint the bathroom so I didn't have to paint around the shelves later. Then I needed to make new window treatments to go with the wall color. Then paint our large wooden storage piece in the bathroom to go with the window treatments. Then order a new shower curtain. You get the idea. I think we're done for the moment, though. At least in that bathroom...so now I can get back to the topic at hand.

My obsession with vintage games and toys started with a trip through my grandmother's basement. I came across my dad's old toys and some board games that clearly hadn't seen the light of day in at least 40 or 50 years. The graphics are just incredible and take you back to a time when everything was just a little less complex.

Pinterest never fails to provide inspiration and I've seen jacks attached to wire/string to make napkin rings, jars filled with marbles and game pieces and game boxes stacked as risers on a food table.

Next time you have a game night or a vintage-themed birthday party, give us a call to browse our collection of toys and games. And for now, feast your eyes on some of these great vignettes!

See more from this precious party at Bella Grace Party Designs

Another adorable party featured by Hostess with the Mostess

No comments:

Post a Comment