Monday, September 2, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake



Ahh, the baby trends these days! My parents were pretty good at documenting my life...considering it started in 1981 and things were much different then. I'm fairly certain there aren't any pictures of my first birthday, which was likely a family lunch with a homemade cake and a balloon or two. Quite the low-key affair compared to today's elaborate themed parties! I'm certainly not saying one way is better than the other. I see merits in a quiet and stress-free family gathering, as well as a blow-out celebration to reward yourself for making it through what I hear is an extremely challenging 12 months. Most of my friends have gone the blow-out route and I have loved seeing their creativity in action and celebrating the lives of their little ones and the joy they've brought us all in just one short year. 

Another common trend these days is the cake smash photo shoot, and I think it's such a fun idea to have a professional photographer document this event in baby's life. This post was inspired by the recent use of our natural oak high chair for a cake smash shoot and, of course, I couldn't resist adding some other beautiful shots from 
Our natural oak high chair, captured by DanielleJade Photography for little baby A's first birthday.

A precious orange Jenny Lind high chair from Darci at The Good Life Blog.
This little guy is too cute! Just lounging around in a high chair and snacking. :) Courtesy of Amy Straka Photography.
And look at this happy girl! Great job capturing those gorgeous blue eyes, Laura Sanderson

I'm considering painting ours a bright color, or maybe something neutral. What do you think? Should I leave it natural wood, or paint it? And if so, what color? I'd love your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment